There’s a lot that goes into planning a wedding, and one of the first items to check off your list is selecting a venue. But even before that, you need to decide if you’d prefer to have an indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception. If you’re having trouble choosing, think about these pros and cons to each setting:
- Depending on the size of the venue, you may be able to invite more guests.
- There’s an abundance of natural lighting for photos, and the scenery is beautiful, creating a stunning backdrop.
- The atmosphere is peaceful, creating the ideal setting for a wedding ceremony and the celebration of love.
- Weather is unpredictable, and it might rain the day of your ceremony. In that case, you’ll have to move your wedding indoors or rent a large tent. It could also be too hot, making you and your guests uncomfortable and sweaty.
- If it’s sunny, guests may have a hard time seeing the ceremony, or the bride or groom may end up looking into the sun.
- In the summer, bugs are a big issue, so you may have pesky bees and wasps flying around and ruining the moment.
- An indoor facility is likely temperature-controlled, so you and your guests will be comfortable if it’s a hot day outside.
- There’s no need to worry about rain ruining your special day. In addition, there won’t be the concern about strong winds knocking over centerpieces and other decorations.
- An indoor venue is likely all-inclusive, where a wedding in a park would involve having to rent chairs, a sound system, portable restrooms, etc.
- There may not be enough natural lighting inside, and your photographer can only do so much editing to brighten up the photos.
- There are often rules on what you can decorate, such as not hanging things from the ceiling, so you might not get the desired backdrop.
- Space might be more constricted, so you may have to limit the number of guests you invite.
Stillwater Event Center has a patio that connects to our indoor banquet hall, so you could choose to have an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception. In addition, if you choose an outdoor ceremony but it rains, we can move it inside. Our event center holds more guests than our patio does, which is also something to take into consideration when choosing between indoor vs. outdoor. When you’re ready to start planning your perfect day, give us a call or submit a contact form on our website.